Best VPS Hosting
Virtual private servers are an affordable way to place websites on a private server. However, it is virtual. The cost is significantly less than having a dedicated server just for the business. And individuals who wish to have a website residing by itself can take advantage of this offer as well.
- 90 Days Money Back
- 100,00 GB Disk Space
- Free Domain
- Premium Web Site Builder
- 30+ Self Installing Scripts
- 2,000 GB Monthly Transfer
Other Top Hosts
- 0 BBB compliants for 2008 and 2009!
- Value Plans starting from just $69.99
- Semi-managed/fully managed dedicated servers
- Money Back Guarantee
- 24/7 Phone and Chat Support
#3 Go Daddy
- 99.9% Network Uptime Guarantee
- 24/7 support
- exclusive Go Daddy Hosting Connection
- Host Unlimited Web sites
- 50 MySQL Databases
#4 1 & 1
#5 Lunar Pages
- Offers dedicated hosting packages for Windows or Unix starting at $99/month
- Upgrade to a higher end Intel Core2 Duo E4600 2.40ghz processor for $26/month or choose from three other high end dedicated hosting packages from $130-$245
- Free Setup
- 30 day money-back guarantee
- 24x7x365 Monitoring & Management
Helpful Hosting Information
Best VPS Hosting
Many companies offer virtual private server hosting or virtual dedicated server hosting as an extension for web hosting services. There are several challenges to consider when licensing proprietary software in multi-tenant virtual environments. With unmanaged or self managed hosting, the customer is left to administer his own server instance. Unmetered hosting is generally offered with no limit on the amount of data-transferred on a fixed bandwidth line.
Usually, unmetered hosting is offered with 10 Mbit/s, 100 Mbit/s or 1000 Mbit/s (with some as high as 10Gbit/s). This means that the customer is theoretically able to use 3.33~ TB on 10 Mbit/s, 33~ TB on 100 Mbit/s and 333~ TB on a 1000 Mbit/s line per month (although in practice the values will be significantly less). In a virtual private server, this will be shared bandwidth and (should) mean there is a fair usage policy involved. Unlimited hosting is also commonly marketed but generally limited by acceptable usage policies and terms of service. Offers of unlimited disk space and bandwidth are generally false due to carrier capacities and technological boundaries.